Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Whopper

I recently searched for Burger King online and the review for the one nearest my house said, and I kid not, "This is a good place to go if you want to sit by yourself and cry."

On Saturday I had a whopper of a migraine... like... Chris checking on me every few minutes wondering at what point to bring me to the hospital kind of migraine. It was rough.

So, here I am on Tuesday AKA day three of no caffeine. I'm bummed about it. I love drinking coffee. Don't you dare try to tell me that decaf is a good substitute. It's not. Especially since what I love about coffee is the way it feels to finish cup six and then wonder if my stomach lining is going to fall out and then rediscover that I can type faster than my brain can think. But, I remember being totally off caffeine a few years ago and having migraines under better control... so... here I go again.

I'm bummed about saying farewell to my dear friend the coffee pot but am going to give it a year or so and see what happens with my migraines. All in all... not a day for crying at Burger King.

It's a beautiful day here in Texas so I'll be on my deck sipping some lemonade and enjoying the sun trying to think about anything other than an espresso.

5 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have thought to review it that way, but the Burger King by our house is a good place to sit by yourself and cry, too. It's super nice inside for a crummy fast food joint. I'm going to keep that in mind, although my review will say, "It's a good place to sit and cry whe all your kids knock your glasses crooked."

    Why were you looking up a Burger King review? Have you never been to a Burger King?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking it up because I wanted to know if it has a play place or not. Taco Bell would get a lot more business from us if they had a play place! BK did but we ended up at McDonald's anyway - which ended up being a great choice since the one by our house has insanely good customer service, things in the play area for Nils, and they gave me a free calendar with all of those coupons. Ohhh yeahhh

      Delete
  2. My mom's doctor told her recently that she had some fluid build-up in her ear, and she's be able to hear better if she gave up caffeine.

    I told her I'd rather give up hearing people than coffee, hands down.

    She didn't think it was very funny.

    Or maybe she just didn't hear me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be she'd, not she's. I'm writing on my phone because my desktop doesn't want me to share all of my funny with the world.

      Delete
    2. I'm seriously considering that a life with more frequent debilitating headaches in exchange for daily coffee might be worth it.

      Delete