Sunday, January 4, 2015

Time Enough at Last

Friday morning I arrived home from boot camp (yes, really) and announced to my family,
"Pack your bags and get in the car. We're going to Austin!"

After days and days of dreary cold weather and nothing notable to do, we were itching for an adventure. So, we made it happen. A couple of hours later (we he had to wait for the foundation dude to come out - I'd forgotten about that) we were off!

After a great day in our capital city a.k.a our old stomping grounds and the birthplace of Carolena we arrived back at our hotel room, bathed the nuggets, and got them both tucked in.

The night was young. I could hear the pleasant sounds of my children sleeping and the rain falling upon the window. I was enjoying the bliss that comes from lying in a bed with clean sheets that I did not have to wash nor put on the bed. My pajamas were cozy. My body was exhausted from the early workout. I was under a big fluffy comforter with a David Sedaris book and small reading light.

Content and giddy with the prospect of lying in bed for hours reading an enjoyable book, I flipped on the light and began to read. One paragraph later I watched in agony as the small led book light dimmed... dimmed... dimmed... and died.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment