Friday, January 23, 2015

9:15 (am of course. pm is bedtime)

At 420 my alarm went off just as I was about to open a box full of Kathy Orgain's fruitcake (which was evidently very exciting in dream world. Does she even make fruitcake? I don't know - but I have had her cookies... mmmm). Literally, I was lifting the lid when the alarm went off.

At 545 I found myself lying on the floor in a pool of my own sweat while a small woman who looks strikingly similar to Kate Hudsen told me that while I was down there I should do some pushups. On one leg. So I did.

At 630 I walked through the door to a dark quiet calm house.
At 631 I heard Carolena yell, "Hi Mommy! Nils and I are awake!" and Nils began screaming.
At 632 I found a boy covered covered in poop.

At 645 both kids were relaxing the in the bathtub eating waffles. Turns out breakfast bathtime isn't a bad idea.

At 715 I drank a second cup of coffee

8something Chris (who gets credit for washing out poopy sheets and clothes) and Carolena headed out for some errand running

830 Nils helped me start sorting through toys and reorganizing... it goes without saying that it is now worse than when we started.

905 and Nils is in his bed loudly protesting his nap. Laundry is going and going. Ella, Frank, and Billie on the playlist. I'm ready for a hot bath with a good book. And perhaps another swig or two of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment