Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Rub A Dub Dub

On a recent Friday morning all I wanted to do was take a nice peaceful bath. Chris was feeding the kiddos breakfast, and I snuck off to our bathroom and began to run the water. Our bathtub is huge. I sunk into it with my book, nearly up to my eyeballs in the hot water. Just as I was about to start reading I heard the bathroom doors open. In bounced my vivacious Carolena. Seeing that there was water in my big bathtub, she immediately began peeling off her clothes to jump in. Closely behind her followed Nils, saltines in hand. Carolena scrambled into the tub before I could protest. Nils walked right up and laughing dropped his saltines right into the tub. Then he began trying to climb in as well. Someday soon when my children are older I will again sit in a boring bathtub all alone. For now I will rejoice in a bathtub full of crumbs and rubber duckies and giggling children.


No comments:

Post a Comment