Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Greening

After almost nine years of marriage, two kids, several homes, and a few moves...
 
 we finally have a compost bin!
  
We had to relocate our (failure to thrive) blackberry bush, but we finally agreed agreed upon the perfect spot! Unfortunately, it is right along the rat superhighway aka our back fence so we'll be doing some internet research on how to keep those little guys out of our compost. Why is our back fence the rat superhighway? I'm glad you asked. I think it has something to do with the sign across the street from our backyard that looks a little something like this:
Chris had plenty of help as it turned out to be a family affair. Carolena held onto the screws and passed boards when needed. I attached boards and had one attempt with the saw that included freaking out because I wasn't wearing safety glasses, putting on Chris' real glasses, and then sawing next to the line I was supposed to saw. I was much better at using the drill and being in charge of measurements. Nils was in charge of entertainment and general merriment.
 A few hours on beautiful spring Saturday, and voila! We're in business!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment