Sunday, December 28, 2014

It Was... Soap... Poisoning!

We were standing crowded together in the small landing at the top of my parents' staircase. In a huddle between my room and Hunter's, we talked about childhood. Kelly and Hunter were shocked to discover that my mouth had never been tasteless enough to be punished with soap. "You've never had your mouth washed out with soap?!" they exclaimed, looking at one another in astonishment and looking at me like I had grown antlers.

They proceeded to pull the oldest trick in the book. "It tastes good" they insisted. "Parents don't know that kids actually love it. It's all really a trick on parents" they explained to me.

So, it was then, as a teen, that I washed my own mouth out with soap.

Kelly and Hunter.
They're very persuasive.

No comments:

Post a Comment