Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Love Is

One of my favorite people in the whole world just made the cut to be featured in this:
http://www.refinery29.com/love-definitions#slide
Beth is just too damn cool.

So, for me, today...

Love is waking up with a killer migraine, no medicine, and wanting to wallow in bed for the rest of my life, but getting up anyway to change someone's diaper and play "Santa" to someone being "Frosty the Snowman."

Love is a husband who drives halfway across one of the largest cities in the US to track down one of the only boxes of migraine medicine available right at that moment.

Love is telling Carolena that I feel better and we can go out to lunch today. Love is Carolena showing me a dingy old penny in her pocket as though it is a special secret while whispering that she is going to buy lunch today for all of us.

Love is waking up each morning in this beautiful life that Chris and I have built together.

2 comments: