Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I Like Life, Life Likes Me. I Make Life a Perpetual Spree.

Well, since once again no one has invited me to a party at which I can wear a glittery cocktail dress, enjoy an open bar, dance to a great band, and then crash in a hotel room on someone else's dime, I guess we will spend NYE as per the usual: on the couch watching the Twilight Zone. Because, really, if I'm not going with Option A (glittery cocktail party on someone else's dime) then Option B (Twilight Zone and bed at 9) sounds pretty damn good.

2014, to you I say, so long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodnight.

To Nils, I say, you are the cutest most wonderful thing to come out of this year!


We have much to give thanks for this year. A new brilliant beautiful wonderful boy. A vivacious fabulous Carolena. Family and friends. Good health all around (Halleluiah!). Sure, we encountered a few zingers this year, but overall, life is good and we give thanks to God for our many many blessings.

2015, what about you? What will you bring?
So far you have promised us foundation repairs. Come on, 2015, get a grip. We have better things to do. Let's concentrate on plenty of beach trips, time with family and friends, and the accomplishment of the one armed push up goal that I'm working toward.

For now, I'll spend the day with my beautiful family, tuck those kiddos into bed, turn on the Twilight Zone and take a cup o' kindness yet to auld lang syne.

Cup o' kindness means wine, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment