Wednesday, November 26, 2014

In Sickness and In Health

Last week was perhaps on of the most worrisome and stressful times of Chris' life. Being the good wife that I am, I had his favorite meal on the table, a clean home, a glass of scotch, and two sparkling children waiting for him when he arrived home each evening.

Wait. No, that's not right.

I was the wife who in the course of a week pulled a back muscle, got a migraine so horrible that I literally couldn't get out of bed until noon one day, gave up caffeine cold turkey, and then caught (Caught? Is that the right word?) an infection that is so insanely painful which then resulted in flu like symptoms. So basically, Chris came home to a hunched over troll woman who could barely get out of bed every single day.

And that's just one of the reasons he had to vow for better or for worse.

Now let's get to the "for richer" part already.

2 comments:

  1. If I remember correctly, wasn't it the 'for richer' part that started you laughing uncontrollably during your marriage vows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahem. Technically, I believe it was "for poorer."

      Delete