Saturday, November 29, 2014

Hard-hearted Harbinger of Haggis

I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate some Scottish heritage into our household, and Christmas seems like such an easy time to bring in the traditions of our forefathers. Julekake on Christmas morning and a string of Christmas heart baskets across the tree have always been staples for my God Jul. So, I thought this might be a great time of year to celebrate our Duncan name and find some good Scotish traditions to incorporate into our home.

The problem is... the only thing I can think of is to serve haggis. And the problem with haggis, of course, is that it's not boudain. 

Perhaps we'll just start buying some Clan Duncan Tartan items instead and Carolena can keep pretending to be Merida.

A quick Google search for "Scotish Christmas traditions" led me to a page that mentioned the term "rowdy celebration" so I guess our Duncan Clan already does incorporate my husband's and children's Scottish heritage into our Christmas! Done and done.


No comments:

Post a Comment