Thursday, June 4, 2015

Trip Highlights

Our road trip was seriously one of the most fun trips ever. I could keep doing separate blog posts about each thing for a very long time. I guess I'll do a more condensed recap today so that I can move on with my blogging life.
Our first stop (and 10 days later the last) was Tyler, TX. Deep behind the Pine Curtain it is home to Tyler roses and that elusive furry hard to capture on camera mythical guy...
Uncle Hunter!
From there it was just a short drive to Little Rock where we dove headfirst into civil rights history at Little Rock's Central High School
And then it was on to Memphis! Where we ate barbeque and soul food, went walking on Beale Street, played by the Mighty Mississip, and absorbed more civil rights history at the Lorraine Motel.
From Memphis it was on to Saint Looey where we ate more bbq, rode to the top of the Gateway Arch, spent the day at Grant's Farms, had fun in City Museum, and went rollin on the river.
Riding to the top!
 

From St. Louis we had a Laura Ingalls Wilder day and went to Rocky Ridge and the Kansas Prairie. Man, Almanzo was pretty fabulous. That guy did farm work, built their house, made his own shoes, and hand hooked rugs in his down time. Geeze, all my husband does is anoint the sick and dying. Sheesh, man. Chris, I know what I'm getting you for Christmas...
So, in summary, we had a fantastic road trip and did way more than I can feasibly blog about. I have roadtrip fever now and we are in full-blown summer vacation mode around here!
If you are at the end of this and still reading... then you're probably related to me. Hi!

7 hours after posting this and hmmm... you know... I guess there was that time Chris built a deck and pergola onto our house... and the time I went out of town for the weekend and came back and he had cleaned all of the grout. Wow. Well Chris, start making your own shoes (moccasins!) and some fine rugs for our home and I'll continue feeding you so you hang around!

1 comment:

  1. Hi backatcha! First: your trip sounds awesome and I have loved hearing about it and seeing pictures. Second: I am amazed at the difference sizes in the hands of picture #1.Wow! Third: your children are beautiful and so photogenic. I love seeing them.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete