Friday, June 12, 2015

The Wonderful Adventures of Nils

Earlier this week I stood in the kitchen making the kids' lunches to bring to the splashpad. Sandwich? Check. Watermelon? Check. I grabbed a small bag of Cheetos, split it between their two boxes, then tossed the empty bag into our very full, very stinky, very disgusting kitchen trash can.


And then along came Nils.


Nils proceeded to peer down into the trashcan. He looked up at me and exclaimed, "I shall pretend that I am in a smart restaurant and that this is the lobster pond!" He then snatched up the empty chip bag and with a tip of his top hat, he was gone.


I later found the chip bag dump unceremoniously exactly one step out of the kitchen.


Last Sunday I squirted a blob of whipped cream into Nils' hand. He looked up at me with that impish smile, rubbed his hands together... and then wiped them through his hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment