Friday, July 17, 2015

Diet Coke

My senior year of college one of my professors had each of us do mock interviews with him to prepare us for the looming "real world." We each had to schedule a time to meet in his office as though we were being interviewed for our dream job.

Question One: If you were a drink, what would you be?

I began to muse out loud.

"Well, I would certainly be carbonated... I have a lot of energy. And definitely caffienated because I bring a lot of energy as well. Hmm... Coke?

No, wait... not Coke. I'd be Diet Coke... because I'm actually not terribly sweet... I'm just sweet enough."

We stared at one another for a moment and then he pushed away his papers and said, "No more questions. You got the job."

Unfortunately, he did make me sit for the rest of the questions. Double unfortunately, I've never been asked that question in the real world.


3 comments:

  1. I think you would be Diet Dr. Pepper, because you are all those other things AND you're mean.

    Had a great time with you today- love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And because I say I call myself "doctor" but I didn't go to school for it.

      Delete
    2. And because -just like pepper- you make people sneeze.

      Delete