Monday, April 27, 2015

The One-Woman Wolfpack

We went to our first mom's group/ play group this morning. First time ever.

Ever.

I've never joined a playgroup. I'm just not that social. Plus, I've never been the type of mother who is looking for things to do. We've always seemed to have a lot of things to do. Plus, plus, I barely find time to get together with my current friends - much less make time to find new ones. That sounds terrible but you all know what I'm talking about.

Or you don't. And perhaps you are the one who needs to join an activity group.

Anyway, some of the moms in our neighborhood decided to start getting together and I randomly joined the group thinking it would be nice to know some people who live nearby.

All in all it was a good morning. Not a "Fantastic - the kids I have a great new group of friends and we all painted each other's fingernails and ate bon-bons!" kind of morning - but a good morning overall. We all met up at a nearby playground. Carolena and Nils had a great time, of course, but they also had a great time in Home Depot yesterday soo... yeahh...

Actually, Home Depot is fantastic in my opinion so that is a terrible example.

Okay, back to the playgroup... Carolena and one other girl were the oldest by far (by far? they're only 4ish...) but still had a good time. Nils was a wildman and was happy to have two boys around his age to pal around with. I had a good time but am always a little tentative when meeting other stay home moms. We all know my fear is not that people won't like me. I don't care if people don't like me. My fear is that someone will like me and then be a stage five clinger. I'm more of a lone wolf. A one woman wolf pack.

Despite the agreement to get together every Monday morning (every Monday morning?!?!) and some weekends (uh... nope... no weekends) it was hopefully a good decision to join the group. I am pretty sure we've lived in Katy the longest of all the people there and everyone is just looking for a ticket out of the house. I was there once. I get it.

Also, full disclosure: I'm fighting a migraine today so I probably would have had a much better attitude sans pounding head. Sigh, of course I used my last Imitrex yesterday and Kroger doesn't keep them in stock. Why? Why Kroger?! They order it in when I need it. Seriously. Seriously?! Overall though migraines are going well. Nils is waking up. I'm just going to hit "post" and hope there aren't too many grammatical errors in this post. I joined a mom's group. That's all.

2 comments:

  1. Question: If we met this year, would you be my friend? Don't answer that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my reply is too long. it's going to have to constitute an entire post...

      Delete