Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Why Is That Tape On Your Nose? Exactly.

Yes, it is practicing my piety before men to blog about many of the deeper water things I blog about. Yes, I am judgmental. Yes, I am proud. And yes, I do have a little someone who does her best to argue about these things with me. It's the job of the eldest I suppose. *wink*wink* I love her.

I'm just trying to engage people in thought. In conversation. I feel like conversation and pushing people to think (even when they disagree with me) is imperative and hopefully trumps doing things in secret to be rewarded in secret. As a wise woman pointed out to me (see above) - we can't do everything in secret... or else the Church would be a secret. Bam. So true.

So, yes, I can be annoying and harsh and definitely wrong. But, like others, I'm just trying to do my best. Trying to push people into dialogue and delving deeper. Some of the people in my life who have pushed me the most on delving deeper in my faith are those with whom I disagree.

3 comments:

  1. Bob, you were told to thoroughly clean the pool this morning.

    Really though, I did not know that anyone intentionally wiped off their ashes. It was flabbergasting information. And you are never annoying. Love you forever and I always enjoy our talks.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vLXjWGI8sfw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, intentionally wiped off their ashes for a reason other than being embarrassed-

      Delete
  2. Mom and I watched Bottle Rocket recently and I couldn't stop laughing about you being Futureman!

    ReplyDelete