Saturday, February 14, 2015

Three Weeks

Three weeks. It took three weeks for coffee to loosen its tight grip on me. Last Tuesday I caved and had one cup of 1/4 caff and a diet coke. Tuesday night I was up on the hour every hour. Just awake.

It was a good reminder of how much better I sleep uncaffeinated. And. Just like that. It was done. Three weeks.

Oh, look at that, it's Valentine's Day! Happy feast of Saint Valentine and all that jazz.

Uh... now I feel like I need to type about something Valentiney... Chris and I saw the relics of Saint Valentine on our trip to Rome a few years ago. It was a skull. In a box. In a church. So... there's that.

Valentine's Day is more fun with kids. My critters will wake up to little books of happy monsters (construction paper with monsters drawn in it), a small stuffed animal and a box of chocolate each. They'll be giddy. Dinner tonight will be special, include dessert, and (weather permitting) be enjoyed on our deck. Simple pleasures for a family full of love for one another. Happiness is.

No comments:

Post a Comment