Saturday, October 18, 2014

Anything Goes

I planned to wake up, remember that it's Anything Goes day, and skip out of bed. I planned to peacefully drink coffee in the quiet calm that one can find at 6 am in our living room. I planned to work on the first entry for my new bible study blog (as yet unlaunched as my kids have been waking up at the crack of dawn and that's when I write).

I woke up to a three year old lying down on top of me and whispering, "Here I am." I woke up to a three year old freaking out over blood on her finger that turned out to actually be a booger.

So, we're watching Clifford. No, not the Clifford one would hope. The big red dog. And I have a coffee IV. Nils is eating crackers and playing with toys. My reading of Romans will have to be postponed until tomorrow.

But... it's still Anything Goes Day!! Come this afternoon Kelly and I will be dressed up and enjoying prime seating and complimentary drinks courtesy of my mother-in-law's neighbor's cousin. Yep, really. To a stay home mom, free tickets to a Broadway show are as good as gold.

So, bring me some more coffee, it's gonna be a great day!

1 comment:

  1. This reminded me of you as a 3yr old, whispering in the early morning hours to my sleeping face, "time to make the coffee..." Perhaps that's when the addiction started? Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete