Thursday, October 9, 2014

Feelin' Groovy

Got no needs to do, no promises to keep. I'm dappled, and drowsy, and ready to sleep.

Life around here is groovy. When were not watching old episodes of the Brady Bunch we're "playing Brady Bunch." Carolena is Cindy ("What's my name again? Oh, Cindy."). I'm Carol (I've got the haircut in fact). Chris is Mike (much to his protesting. He wants to be Alice. I find this only mildly disturbing). Nils is Bobby by default. Nils' alter-ego is much better suited to playing Newsies which is when he gets to be Spot Collins.

Thanks to my Svendsen genes bell bottom jeans, we've been listening to a lot of folk music around here now that the power of the playlist has been returned to it's rightful owner. For a while Carolena was insanely opinionated about music. "Pedro dictates much of the meals around here and he has a fairly *limited* palate." Now that I've been given free reign on our music selections, arts and crafts have a slightly different vibe than our old Annie/Frozen soundtrack shuffle. There's just nothing like a table covered in art supplies and Bob Dylan on the speakers. Except for having John Denver on the playlist. Or Cat Stevens... or Simon and Garfunkel... so, we in fact, just make our own playlist and start feelin' groovy.

I think we've listened to the New Seeker's Teach the World to Sing every single day this week. On repeat. I need to restring my guitar, miraculously get rhythm, and then learn how to play just so that I can teach the world to sing in perfect harmony. Well, something like harmony... and nothing like perfect if I'm the one doing the singing. Anyone want to get me a ukelele for Christmas?

All this is just to say, Life I love you. All is GROOOVVYYYY

No comments:

Post a Comment