Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Hiding

So perhaps hiding in my closet to eat candy and read Mindy Kaling's book wasn't the best way to spend the afternoon on my "Restart Day! Lose the five pounds I gained in the last month!" Oh well. You know when a good time to get a grip and lose weight is? Tomorrow.

*sigh* or today I suppose. At least it's "I'm happy weight" which one can trick oneself into believing looks really insanely good. Weight gain due to beer consumption, chips and queso, and secret candy in the closet can do that to you.

Nils had his own "Oh crap where can I hide?!" moment yesterday too which consisted of him grabbing the tv remote, glancing all around him to both (a) check if I was watching and (b) find a secret location to inspect and subsequently push buttons. He opted for scrambling to the "Time Out!" spot where I found him squatting, smiling, pressing, and glancing at me with that impish grin and a twinkle in his eye. "One more minute?" he inquired. That smile. That eye twinkle. He has me wrapped around his chubby little tv-remote-button-pushing-finger, so of course I let him.

2 comments:

  1. Mindy Kaling is so awesome. I've been on the waiting list at the library for her new book since OCTOBER. I'm finally #2 on the list. If you ever see a secondhand copy of either of her books, will you grab it for me? I'll pay you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. deal. the goodwill by my house usually has great books so i'll keep my eyes peeled

      Delete