Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Egg-cellent

I eat egg salad sandwiches (or just plan egg salad) nearly everyday. Yesterday morning as I waited for the toast to burn pop up from the toaster, I cut up some egg and tossed mayo and a pickle into the bowl. What a weird combo. And I thought to myself, "who was the first person to think that these three ingredients would be delicious together?"

She must have been pregnant.

Surely at some point in the past some pregnant woman put eggs, a pickle, and a blob of mayo into a bowl and started chopping and mixing. Then, when a nosy neighbor popped by and asked "watcha eating?" Preggo genius popped the last bite into her mouth and replied, "umm... salad." She tossed the evidence in the sink and thus egg salad was born.

Thank you fictional woman I just invented. You are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment