Monday, March 31, 2014

Say How Do You Do & Shake Hands & State Your Name & Such (Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum)

There is a chance that Carolena and I might need to both work on our meeting new people skills. This morning at the park we met (as in met - as in never knew before - as in "hi my name is...") a mom with two kids the same ages as C and Nils.

Here are some actual snippets from our morning:

Other Mom, "Now that we have two kids I really appreciate my morning cup of coffee. I set the timer on the pot before I go to bed!"
Me, "{incoherent nonsensical ramblings about having to get things done at night now}"
What?! Let's just blame that on the fact that I don't sleep nor do I drink coffee every morning.

Carolena proclaimed herself Elsa, the playground as her castle, and then began singing "Let it Go" at the top of her lungs. The other kid was not allowed on that portion of the playground as it was now her castle. Geeze.

The boy's name was Matthew. Being unable to pronounce the "th" sound yet, Carolena referred to as "Monkey."

And finally, there was this little gem when I said, "Did you get the email about the person in our neighborhood who lost their 85 lb tortoise? I hope I find it."

Yeahhh... I don't foresee that mom inviting us over for coffee anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be your friend, especially if you find that tortoise.

    ReplyDelete