Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sunday

Don't ask me how much coffee I've had this morning and I won't ask you how much you've had.
Hint: it's at least less than Voltaire.

I'm right in the middle of GWTW. Which of course means don't talk to me or expect me to do anything other than read. Holy mackerel that book is fabulous.

I'm thinking about ordering my bookshelves by putting the books that I reread all of the time together, books that I love but don't tend to reread together, and books that I haven't read yet together. That could be interesting and save time when searching for the next book to read.

I finally got control of myself and have lost a few of the pounds I needed to shed before ww weigh in. I'm not back to goal yet but hopefully will be before the end of April. How does one get control if they are Casey you ask? I filled the fridge and fruit bowl with fruit that I really like. I wrote "not for Casey" across the top of the peanut butter jar (my weakness), and hard boiled 50,000 eggs. And filled the freezer with edamame. That's about it. Voila, lost weight. I'm eating more than fruit, edamame, and eggs, but those are just good go-to things for me when I'm feeling snacky. Oh, and greek yogurt. Now I just need to maintain this control.

Disney countdown is in full swing and I'm busy squirreling away entertainment for the two day drive. I'm really looking forward to the car trip. Our last car trip was a blast. We're not a techy family and didn't watch movies on the drive or bring ipads or whatnot. I'm stocking up on conversation ideas, books, and car friendly games. I plan on getting a good audio book or two from the library as well. I can't wait!!

3 comments:

  1. What books do you reread? I spend the last week reading essays out of order from 3 David Sedaris books. I was like, sorry family, do your own thing. I need to hear about how David Sedaris quit smoking...again.

    Also: Shopoholic series, Jacob Have I Loved, Endurance...can't remember! Maybe I need that bookshelf reorg too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shopaholic, David Sedaris, Don't Stop the Carnival, HP series, Gone With the Wind will now be in the mix, Wind in the Willows, Fahrenheit 451

      Delete
    2. oh... and ignatius of course.

      Delete