Sunday, March 6, 2016

Back!

On Monday I really needed to go grocery shopping and decided to put it off until Tuesday.

On Tuesday I really really needed to go to the grocery store and thought, "Nah. Let's just take it easy today." The kids and I stayed home and played and cleaned up the house and read. I made a big batch of black beans and rice. We had plans to go to the rodeo on Wednesday night so there was really no point in going to the grocery store until Wednesday or Thursday... right?

On Wednesday the stomach flu came to visit our home.

On Thursday we were still homebound. On Thursday night the stomach bug took up residence in my digestive system. Carolena threw up once and was over it. That kid must have an immune system of steel. Everyone else will be puking their brains out and she's like, "I think I'll take a nap."

On Friday I slept the entire day and through the night. I think I slept nearly twenty-four hours. Chris was impressed. On Friday I had one coke. One. Coke. I was excited that my caffeine cycle was broken in the wheel of fortune of stomach bugs.

On Saturday we finally all arose alive and well. I drank two cups of coffee (why? why did I do that?!). C and I went to Kroger and our fridge is now full! Hooray! We hit up the arts festival nearby and went to the park. We discovered Nils' hidden talent of dancing and squawking like a chicken.

It's Sunday and we are back into our routine. Three or four or ten cups of coffee? Who's counting? Oh... my neurologist... crap.

Yes! We're back.

No comments:

Post a Comment