Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Bees Will Buzz, Kids Will Blow Dandelion Fuzz

While other families are getting into "back to school" mode, our family is still in the midst of our summer o' fun. Others are shopping for school supplies and dreaming of cool Autumn days (won't they be disappointed?), while we are sitting at the start of a calendar month filled with swim lessons and beach trips. It's a strange place to be when everyone else is dreaming of pumpkin spiced lattes and I'm still thinking about margaritas on Bolivar.

Don't get me wrong, Fall is my favorite. But... I'm just not quite ready for it. I've still got two weeks of sitting by the pool while Carolena works on learning the backstroke (at least, I think that's what they were doing. It involved lying on their backs and making their arms go "chicken. airplane. chicken. airplane."). We need to pop Carolena's new life-jacket on her and bring her out for her first ride in Jimmer's boat. Our children's museum pass is still hanging on the fridge and our Sonic giftcard has not yet run out. We haven't had nearly enough picnics for dinner at the Y pool. None of the summer bbqs I dreamed of having were ever planned (perhaps that will be a fall thing?). We haven't even had our first snowcones of summer yet! And, as always, Bolivar is calling my name.

So, September, I will welcome you will open arms when you arrive... but we're just not there yet. Here's to finishing out summer 2014 with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment