Sunday, July 27, 2014

Melted

I love birthday parties. Love them. In fact, I love throwing parties even more than going to them. I spend months thinking about what food I'll make, exactly how to create decorations using things we have on hand, and... well... that's pretty much it. I just like to think about food and decorations.

Last fall when I was miserably pregnant (no offense Nils!) we hit up the Target Halloween clearance and I announced that a Charlotte's Web party would be just perfect for Carolena's third birthday celebration. I bought web and spider crafts and enlisted my sister and mom to help me find a million plastic spiders. I spent months daydreaming about turning our backyard into a county fair. I designed and redesigned invitations until they were perfect.

And then we watched Frozen.

And then we watched Frozen again.

And then we watched Frozen again.

And then... well... you get the picture.

So, invitations were recreated using Olaf. Because it's July in Texas and we were hosting a Frozen party, a new sprinkler was purchased for the backyard. A few nights were spent painting Olaf onto an extra piece of plywood I found hanging out in our garage. Marshmallows, chocolate chips, and jellybeans were tossed onto the kitchen island as I announced, "okay, we've got to figure out how to turn these cupcakes into Olaf." Can you tell someone in our household likes a particular snowman? Coffee filters were cut into snowflakes and strung up outside. And, voila! A Texas style Frozen party was thrown.

 
 
Dozens of donut holes were consumed. Olaf cupcakes were enjoyed... well, the icing was at least. Elsa's Snow (aka blue koolaid) was gulped down. A sugar high was enjoyed by all. Carolena had a very happy Frozen birthday indeed! So, look forward to a Charlotte's Web or Halloween party invitation coming your way soon. Those spiders in my closet can't stay there forever!








No comments:

Post a Comment