Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Next stop, the Twilight Zone...

You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop: the Twilight Zone...

Chris and I once stayed on the 13th floor of a hotel in New York.

{pause to let that sentence sink in}

I'm not talking about staying on the floor they call the 14th but is really the 13th. I mean when we got onto the elevator we pushed a button labeled "13" and exited onto a floor that had a big number thirteen on a sign in the hallway and went to a room with a number like 1307 or 1311.

True story: we heard other people on our floor but never saw anyone else on it... in Manhattan. We were in Manhattan and we didn't see other people on the floor of our hotel... the thirteenth floor.

Chris didn't think it was eerie. I was convinced I was going to step into the hallway and see Rod Sterling walk by wearing a snappy suit and smoking a cigarette. This might be largely due to the fact that I've seen nearly every episode of the Twilight Zone more than once.

In all honesty, I'm pretty disappointed I didn't seen Rod. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment