Tuesday, April 23, 2013

30-Love

When I worked in Hilton Head Island I had a friend who loved tennis. I mean... he loved tennis. I asked him to teach me, and so one afternoon we headed to our apartment tennis court for my lesson. After about 30 minutes of playing we had a conversation that went something like this:

Me: "Woah! I'm pretty proud of myself. I've actually hit some of them!"
Him: "Yeahhh..."
Me: "What?! Are you not surprised and impressed?!"
Him: "Well... {awkward silence}... I really thought you would hit all of them. I thought we were going to work on form..."

Today my mom taught me how to read a pattern and sew a dress for Carolena. She and that old HHI friend now have something in common.

Except that this time I'll have a new talent and awesome dress to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment