Monday, July 10, 2017

Glorious, Fabulous Summer

I don't particularly want to start blogging again.
Strike that. Try again:
I really want to start blogging again.
Starting is hard.

Fall and winter were gluttonous.
Spring was stressful.
And now, it's summer. Glorious, fabulous summer.

We've been at the beach more than home. We've been crabbing and fishing and kayaking and boating. Chris and I took Carolena for her first trip to "the" waterslide. We've had days and days on the beach playing in the surf and building castles in the sand.

Nils has been out of diapers and done with naps for sometime - so parenthood around here has gotten considerably easier. Time at home has been spent listening to audio books and playing in the backyard. We've been to the splashpad and the library and spent an enormous amount of time piled into my bed eating popcorn and reading through piles of books.

I spent this morning in Carolena and Nils' pop-up salon where they gave me a new hairstyle involving as many bows as fit on my head and then did my makeup. After approximately twenty-seven layers of various shades of lipstick were applied, I was given a bracelet. At the end I was told the total cost came to "$3" - I wonder if I could write a positive Yelp review for them and get a free treatment next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment