Friday, August 26, 2016

I'll Always be a Treasure House Kid (to the tune of the old Toys R Us commercial. you're welcome)

Hey, look at me! I got up early again today. Sure, I'm skipping Boot Camp (now imagine me making a guilty expression) but I missed every single one this summer (due to legitimate reasons like being out of town) and now the thought of Boot Camp makes me want to die. Or, rather, makes me think about how hard it will be to get back into and how hot and humid it is outside and how I will be lying in a pool of sweat feeling like death.

So I'm opting for coffee and quiet time this morning. I hear the peaceful sounds of coffee brewing and people sleeping and cats slinking. Yes, this is the right choice for today.

As of yesterday I have a newfound love: dumpster diving. Well, technically not diving because I'm pretty sure that getting in a dumpster is illegal... but... that's neither here nor there. On Sunday I noticed a big broken shelf in a trash pile and grabbed it out. After some repair (free, simple, and highly entertaining to Nils) and some paint (leftover in our garage) and some sandpaper distressing... I SOLD IT.

Um, can I tell you how fun that was?! I saved real wood from certain doom of the dump. I had a lot of fun making something very cool. I made money! Yes, this will be addicting. I already have a few other projects going now. The shelf was actually the second thing I've rehabbed for free and sold lately. Hooked. I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment