Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Perfect Weekend

Every once in a while my perfect weekend is the kind when I can say to people "nothing!" when asked "what did you do this weekend?"

On Friday kids stayed in pajamas until noon. It rained and rained and rained all day. A butterfly emerged. I made a Fall wreath. Carolena and Nils got crafty at the kitchen table. We spent hours with library books. Bliss.

On Saturday we awoke to a cool breeze (we wake up early) and promptly loaded up the stroller for a walk to see if our new playground was open yet. It was! We may be the first to have used it. Carolena collected Fall specimens on the walk back to make not one but three wreaths of her own upon our return home. Football was on tv all day (and yes, "football" is one of Nils' words). I had fun making a bunch of fruit kabobs for our party at church today. Chris snoozed on the couch. I read and read and read. Nils' "night night" is finally embroidered with his name for school. Fall scented candles. Black beans and rice for dinner. Bliss.

Our church picnic is today. I use the term "picnic" loosely here as it is more of a fair this year with bounce house, kids' games, lots of food, chaos. I'm bringing two kids... and drinking coffee. Lots. It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment