Monday, August 10, 2015

Hello Audience

Last Saturday I went to my first writers' conference. I say "first" because I hope to attend more in the future..........

I didn't mean to just press the period key that long. Oh well, I'll let it ride.

The conference was great and gave me so much to think about. It was nice to be in a formal learning setting, sitting at a table with a pencil in hand. Although, I forgot to bring a pencil and had to bum a writing implement off the gal beside me (Thanks Mom!).

Among other things to ponder with my love for writing, I have to admit: I never give much thought to audience. I just write. Huh, so... hey there, you. What's happenen' hot stuff?

Hey, speaking of Sixteen Candles, guess what two "look-alikes" Nils gets compared to most often? Prince George (duh) and... JAMES SPADER IN PRETTY IN PINK! WHAT?! You have no idea how often people say this. Which is weird. Why are people referencing Pretty in Pink that often?


I mean, I do dress him like this:

A quick google search came up with this one-liner from that character, "Money really means nothing to me. Do you think I'd treat my parents' house this way if it did?"

Oh, yep, I see it now.

Oh yeah... I'm supposed to be considering my audience. Well, this is awkward... um *cough* I got nothin. If I think about what YOU want to read then I can't write about whatever strikes MY fancy.

Hmph. I have a scrapbook to work on (When was our vacation? We're already planning next year's vacation and I still haven't made this year's book) and some writing contests and submissions etc etc etc to mull over. Wah wah wah.

You're weird. Consider you? I shan't.

Love, Casey

1 comment:

  1. Love the Pretty in Pink reference- I'm due to watch that movie again. You worked your audience (or at least me) on that one. Well done.

    ReplyDelete