Wednesday, September 24, 2014

We're Having Cold Mush

Carolena begins each day as a new person, or animal as is the case more often than not. Every morning begins with, "I'm not Carolena. I'm Baby Turtle (or whatever)" in response to my "Good morning Carolena!"

Last night she went to bed insisting that she was Annie while referring to Chris as Daddy Warbucks. This morning I was greeted with, "I'm not Carolena. I'm Annie. And you are... {pause to think} Annie Mommy. Where is Daddy Warbucks?!"

I spent the next hour being referred to as "Annie Mommy" assuming that she meant the well dressed total package singing and dancing woman who ends up with Daddy Warbucks. What IS her name?

We pulled out the arts and crafts supplies and began blasting the Annie soundtrack throughout the house. Carolena sang along to the Annie solos. I began singing along with the Annie Mommy songs and was immediately shushed and dismissed with one look.

Then Miss Hannigan's big number "Little Girls" came up on the playlist and I was reprimanded for not singing my song.

Miss Hannigan.

Could it be because of my bathtub full of gin?

No comments:

Post a Comment