Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Excuse Me, Are You Using that Twig? No? Mind if I Take it?

Just when the world thought I couldn't get any more like my mother... this morning I walked around our house vacuuming up small toys and hairbands while indiscriminately throwing things into a box to bring to KCM. Some mothers nest by bringing things into the house. I nest by getting things out.

Chris has been nesting too. His nesting has consisted of taking down our Christmas tree and decorations and carefully packing all of the boxes back into the attic. This is the first year of my entire life we've taken down Christmas stuff before the 12th day... we are in full force nesting around here. He pulled all of the baby stuff out of the attic (why do babies have so much stuff??), washed everything, and brought it into the house. He even cleaned out my car which, judging from the size of the box of crap he brought inside for me to go through, must have been no easy feat. Chris' final act of nesting appears to be building a new fence in our backyard. Although, I'm not sure it technically counts as "nesting" if we got a letter from our HOA telling us to hurry up and build our new fence...

Carolena is nesting by rediscovering all of her old baby things. Every time she finds something new we hear a scream of high pitched delight (and I mean really high pitched) as she shouts, "this was baby Carolena's!" Her baby dolls, as well as Teddy Ruxpin and Minnie Mouse, have all enjoyed getting tucked into the bouncy chair and car seat. I've enjoyed watching her tuck in her babies as they each receive a gentle kiss, have their hair brushed back from their faces (or rather, in their cases, their heads lightly patted as none of them has any hair), and a blankie pulled up to their chins.

Well, seeing as how there are crock pot meals to assemble and put into our freezer for the end of this month I guess I'd better go snuggle up in my bed with some old Twilight Zone episodes and hope those ingredients chop and organize themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment