Wednesday, January 22, 2014

En Garde!

Chris (with the generous help of his father) just finished tearing down our old fence and built a beautiful new one for our backyard. This is awesome in that our backyard is much nicer and safer now.

But, most importantly, there is now a huge pile of old fence in our backyard.

Perhaps some women would see that as a negative. I, however, am not "most women." Chris is dying to move the pile out to the curb and get the backyard to a cleaner state. How could my Leona side let him throw away something that can be so easily repurposed? And how could I throw away something that keeps talking to me?

Oh, now might be a good time to mention that I tend to over-personify inanimate objects...

Nonetheless, here are some of the phrases posts from the heap keep calling out to me:

"Caaassseeeyyyy... I want to be a signnnnn... for youurrr laundry rooommm... you know what I should say... paiinntttt meeee..."

"Caaassseeeyyyy... I want to be hunggg on  a walll toooo... but first I need some paint and hoookkkksss... I will be functional and beautiful... pllleeasseee..."

"Caaassseeeyyyy... I want to be a tablllle... a small one... for the new deckkkk... I promise to look good and holddd your drinks and bookssss while you recline on yourrrr deckkkk..."

So, I've got some work to do. I can't deny those little posts their new desires. They've had to hang around staring at an ugly backyard for the past ten years. It's time they had a little fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment