Tuesday, July 16, 2013

catnapping

It's nap time. All I want to do is lie in my bed, eat a little lunch, maybe read or watch tv, certainly try to take a catnap...

Catnap.

Something about my being pregnant makes our cats obsessed with me. I cannot over emphasize how needy they become. They want to sit with me, by me, and mostly ON me at all times. They won't take no for an answer. They sleep on my side of the bed. They're always there... watching... waiting... trying to force me to snuggle.

It's too much. I wish they would learn to play hard to get.

Sheesh... get off me cat!

This happened last time I was pregnant too. Max is the worst. When I was pregnant with Carolena I was still working and so I would arrive home each day to see him slink around the corner. If he'd been able to speak he would have said in a silky voice, "I've been waiting for you alllll day!"

Now I'm a stay home mom. There is no respite from the cats.

As I type this Olive is lying along my side and Max is trying (successfully) to lie in my arms like a baby. These are strange times indeed.

Can't a mom just have one second to herself around here?

No comments:

Post a Comment