Monday, June 23, 2014

Half Off on All Swimsuits, Clogs, and a Sunbalm of My Own Invention. Yah.

"OOO-HOOO! Big Summer Blow-Out!" I called out as I crouched on our kitchen floor painting Olaf onto a large piece of plywood while listening to the Frozen soundtrack on repeat. Again.
Carolena responded with a hearty laugh and replied, "That's your favorite."
"Ha - yeah, it is" I said.
"My favorites is Eewlaf (Olaf) and the Snow Monster. He's a bad guy. They're my favorites"  replied Carolena as she sat at the kitchen table coloring, cutting, and gluing like crazy.
"I know" I said, "I love that about you. You are such a cool kid. And, like it or not, between your love for the Snow Monster and your affinity for snakes I think it is safe to say you appear to have inherited some of my Slytherin tendencies."

Disney pushes princesses like other people push drugs... or abstinence depending upon his or her lot in life. Heaven forbid Disney find out Carolena cheered for the snow monster the first time she saw Frozen. "Noo!! Snooowww Monsssteerrrr!!!" my little 2.5 year old cried reaching out her arm out longingly as the snow monster plummeted to his demise. Needless to say, we've only found princess party supplies for Carolena's Frozen themed birthday party. While that would certainly be fine with her... "fine" isn't the same as giddy-inducing. So, enter the plywood and a bunch of paint. And perhaps a shipment from amazon UK if I can ever figure out how much those Olaf napkins will actually cost. Evidently American kids aren't allowed to like Olaf. I haven't even tried finding snow monster party hats. I think somehow amongst the princess napkins, tiaras, and general pinkness that's too much of a long shot. "That would be in our winter department where supply and demand have a big problem."


No comments:

Post a Comment