Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Surprise!

It wasn't surprising this morning when I dropped a jar of salsa on the floor in Koger.
     It was surprising when the cashier responded with a relieved, "Oh thank God. I thought your water had broken." I wasn't under the impression that would sound like a glass jar smashing to the ground... but then again, what do I know?

It wasn't surprising when Chris left the other night to bring back a "surprise for his girls" (pizza).
     It was surprising when he walked out the front door, turned right back around to grab his keys, and upon entering the door saw Carolena jump out in front of him yelling, "surprise!"

It wasn't surprising when Chris opened our pantry and asked, "Geeze, how many jars of pickles does one family need?"
     It was surprising to find out there are jars of pickles in this house that I haven't consumed yet.

It wasn't surprising when I opened my blog to find it's been about a month since my last post. I mean, really, I've been falling asleep at 8 pm every night.
     It was surprising to start a new post today after I announced I would spend the entire day studying for the teaching I'm doing this Saturday.
     Oh, who am I kidding, that isn't surprising at all. Now, what else can I go do to procrastinate? Besides cleaning of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment