Thursday, May 7, 2015

Just Hanging Around

This morning was like any other morning while we did our usual push to get out of the door and into the car. I was laden down with a nap mat under one arm, bags strewn across the other, and a baby on my hip. I hit the garage door opener with my shoulder, and as it began to rise I tossed all the bags and began to put Nils in his car seat. This is typically when Carolena's door opens and I see her climbing in on her side of the car. Instead, this morning, I heard her scream, "Mooommmyyyyy!!!"

Glancing up I expected to find the girl who cried wolf staring at a bug or perhaps unwilling to pass by a frog. Instead, I saw her hanging like a monkey from the now raised garage door.


I wonder how long she's been thinking about that. Did it only occur to her this morning to grab a hold and ride it? Did she grab on as whim? Or has she been plotting that for some time? Either scenario seems to fit my Carolena.

It was hilarious. And terrifying. And hilarious. And terrifying.

Luckily, she was scared out of her mind and cried enough that a scolding was pretty unnecessary. I told her that garage doors are very dangerous and that (true story) our garage door killed my cat when I was a little girl.

People, this is why I drink.

I wonder if the garage door would hold my weight...


1 comment:

  1. Hilarious and terrifying about sums it up.

    Rest in Peace Pepsi

    ReplyDelete